Dr. Kate Renshaw
Established in 2012, Play and Filial Therapy is founded and directed by Dr. Kate Renshaw. Kate Renshaw is committed to offering child and family-centred work. For her, building trusting therapeutic relationships with the children and families she works with is the cornerstone of her practice. She offers individual support, tailored to your child's and your family's needs. This private practice allows schools, and other agencies to access custom therapeutic services.
Dr. Kate Renshaw's Publications
Renshaw, K. (2023b). The Teacher's Optimal Relationship Approach: TORA. A Guidebook for Certified TORA Teachers. Play and Filial Therapy Press.
Renshaw, K. (2023a). The Teacher's Optimal Relationship Approach: TORA. Certified TORA Facilitator Guidebook for Play Therapists. Play and Filial Therapy Press.
Renshaw, K. L. (2023). Connor struggles to stay in school. In J. A. Parson, B. J. Dean & N. A. Hadiprodjo (Eds.), Integrating therapeutic play for nursing and allied health care: A developmentally sensitive approach to communicating with children. Springer. Retrieved from https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-031-16938-0_13
- Renshaw, K. (2022). Development and Efficacy of the Teacher’s Optimal Relationship Approach (TORA). Unpublished PhD Thesis. Deakin University.
- Renshaw, K. L., & Parson, J. A. (2022). Tele-Play Therapy. Principles of remote interventions using the therapeutic powers of play. In. I. Cassina, C. Mochi & K. Stagnitti (Eds.), Play Therapy and Expressive Arts in a Complex and Dynamic World: Opportunities and Challenges Inside and Outside the Playroom. Routledge. To preview the text- https://www.play-therapy-expressive-arts.com/
Renshaw, K., & Carlyle, M. (2022, June 9). Play it forward! Be Centre’s plan for Play Therapy in the Lismore Region. Partyline Magazine, 79. Retrieved from https://www.ruralhealth.org.au/partyline/article/play-it-forward-plan-play-therapy-lismore-region
- Parson, J., Harvey, L., Renshaw, K. (2022, March 17). The flying play therapist helping children’s mental health and wellbeing. Partyline Magazine, 78. Retrieved from https://www.ruralhealth.org.au/partyline/article/flying-play-therapist-helping-childrens-mental-health-and-wellbeing
- Renshaw, K., & Parson, J. (2021, December 21). Digital toys for kids you don't have to feel guilty about. The Conversation. Retrieved from https://theconversation.com/digital-toys-for-kids-you-dont-have-to-feel-guilty-about-172612
- Renshaw, K. L., & Parson, J. A. (2021). It's a Small World: Projective Play. In E. Prendiville & J. Parson (Eds.), Clinical Applications of the Therapeutic Powers of Play: Case studies in child and adolescent psychotherapy (pp. 72-86). London: Routledge.
- Sarah, B., Parson, J., Renshaw, K., & Stagnitti, K. (2021). Sarah, B., Parson, J., Renshaw, K., & Stagnitti, K. (2021). Can children’s play themes be assessed to inform play therapy practice? Clinical Child Psychology and Psychiatry, 26(1), 257-267. https://doi.org/10.1177/1359104520964510
- Renshaw, K., Hadiprodjo, N., Sarah, B., Godfrey, P., Dean, B., & Parson, J. (2021, December 13). Digital technology strengthens community connections with Play Therapy. Partyline Magazine, 77. Retrieved from https://www.ruralhealth.org.au/partyline/article/digital-technology-strengthens-community-connections-play-therapy
- Renshaw, K., & Parson, J. (2020). Infant Filial Therapy – From Conception to Early Years. In J. A. Courtney (Ed.), Infant Play Therapy: Foundations, Models, Programs and Practice (pp. 101-116). New York: Routledge.
- Parson, J., Stagnitti, K., Dooley, B., & Renshaw, K. (2020). Play Ability. In J. A. Courtney (Ed.), Infant Play Therapy: Foundations, Models, Programs and Practice (pp. 53-66). New York: Routledge.
Renshaw, K. (March, 2020). Suggested parent resources for COVID 19 (Coronavirus).APPTA. https://appta.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/APPTA-Suggested-Parent-Resources-for-COVID-19-Coronavirus-.pdf
- Renshaw, K., & Parson, J. (March, 2020). APPTA Response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus). APPTA. https://appta.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/APPTA-Reponses-to-COVID-19-March-2020.pdf
- Renshaw, K., & Parson, J. (January, 2020). APPTA Response to the Australian Bushfires. APPTA. https://appta.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/APPTA-Reponses-to-the-Australian-Bushfires-2.pdf
- Parson, J., Renshaw, K., & Hurt, A. (2019). RxTxT; Therapeutic Texting. In J Stone (Ed.), Integrating Technology into Modern Therapies. A Clinician’s Guide to Developments and Interventions (pp. 64-79). New York: Routledge.